Add chapters to DVD from EyeTV?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dops7107, Apr 4, 2006.

1. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

When I burn a DVD using Toast 7, from an MPEG-2 file recorded by EyeTV 2.1, there are never any chapters on the resulting DVD. That is, the entire program/film is one single chapter. According to Toast help, MPEG-2 files do not have the "Video" tab in which you can add chapters. I could have sworn I burned an EyeTV program using Toast that had a new chapter every five minutes or so, but I can't find such an option anymore. Does anyone know? :confused:

2. dops7107 thread starter macrumors 6502a

dops7107

OK, sorry to bump this but I'm still confused.

So the first DVD I ever burned with Toast 7, using two recordings from EyeTV 1.84, have chapter markers on them. They were bog-standard MPEG-2 files straight from EyeTV. One, I had edited to remove adverts; in this, there were chapter marks at each editing point, it would appear. In the other, which I had not edited, the chapter marks were at regular 5 minute intervals.

I can find no option for enabling this. It would seem to be an EyeTV issue, since some "chapters" are recognised by Toast. But there is no reference to it in the EyeTV manual that I can find. Unless this feature has been lost since the upgrade to EyeTV 2?

Could someone with EyeTV try exporting something to Toast and seeing if the resulting disc image has chapters? Thanks!

3. dops7107 thread starter macrumors 6502a

dops7107

I will continue talking to myself, but this time for the benefit of others... I have found a solution!

I actually contacted Elgato tech support, and got this reply:

What a clever man. This works, but is a bit unsatisfactory because it takes time to export. I guess they'll fix it in the next update. One bug zapped, I hope! ;)