Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Hello.

I am having a slight problem with cover-art on iTunes and my iPod Touch.

On most of my files, the album artwork has been added to every file in the album, if I look at this album in finder, every song appears with an image. This is great.

The problem is, on some of my albums, the artwork only appears on the first song and the rest are left blank. This is fine on iTunes, but on my iPod it causes problems with the cover-art disappearing if I play an image-less song first.

Is there any way for iTunes to automatically add the artwork to every other file in the album?

I can't just right click and "get artwork" because a lot of them are from live shows which are not available through iTunes.

So is there any fix for this?
Thanks in advance.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm not certain how iTunes does it, since I always manually add all my artwork. I prefer much higher quality artwork than iTunes adds. If you only have artwork on the first song of an album, it's easy to copy it and paste it to the entire album. As far as an automated method, Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes might have a solution.
Picture 1.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.