Add more Right Click Options

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thekornreeper, Mar 30, 2007.

1. thekornreeper macrumors newbie

I am a new mac user.. I'm running sabayon linux on my PCs now (which is excellent as well, owns micro***** win xp/vista). How can I get more right click options when browsing the hard drive folders?? One solution I have is that I installed KDE for OS X (linux gui) so I can run kde apps and user their file browser "konqueor" which is awesome, a lil better then the default mac file browsing (for a power user such as myself). Does anyone know any easy ways to add functionaly in OS X?

Also I would like to be able to do tabbed file browsing like in Konqueror.

Thanks, Dave

2. thekornreeper thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's a shot of my desktop with tab option

screenshot attached

Attached Files:

3. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Pathfinder is a nice Finder replacement that does tabbed browsing. It costs $$$ though.

Are you running a Aqua native konquerer there? Nice.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When you say right click options, do you mean having a list of launchable apps when you right click the desktop, like most Unix desktop environments do? Or do you mean contextual actions in Finder? There are lots of downloadable contextual menu actions for Finder, and Automator can also be used to make a lot more (e.g. I have a "send file to RAZR via BT" one). In terms of launchable apps like in Unix, ... hmmm.... you might try FruitMenu.

5. thekornreeper thread starter macrumors newbie

I have KDE installed for mac (native), so I can run all the kde apps, it's still alpha but it's somewhat useful, KDE 4 is being completely ported to mac :D...makes OS X even better. I am using aqua but I have shapeshifter installed to skin it.. and I just threw a background I made a while ago on it :)..