Add profile link to forum 'welcome [membername]' panel?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by RedTomato, Jul 13, 2005.

1. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Hiya,

If I want to see a list of my most recent posts (so I can see if there have been replies) or view my post count, I have to go a long way round.

So far, the best way for me is to leave macrumors, go to google, tell it to search the forums for one of my old posts, check it hasn't been archived, then click my own name for the info.

What's the easiest way without having to search via Google?

I note every page in the Forums has a 'Welcome [Membername]' panel in the top right that tells me my identity, how many private messages i have read/unread.

Clicking on the link even takes me to the control panel where i can modify anything I want, BUT I still can't view my profile or find which threads I posted in, or check for replies or see my post count.

I suggest changing [membername] in the Welcome panel to be a link to [memberprofile].

If there is concern over making post count too easy to see, it can be buried more deeply. For me the main thing is to make it easier to find my own previous posts and check for replies on the topics that interested me.

That's all thanks.

xoxo Tomato

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

From Quicklinks in the Menu Bar, select My Profile. Is that what you're after? :)

3. RedTomato thread starter macrumors 68040

RedTomato

oh lovely!

I didn't know about that...

mmm from a usability viewpoint, my suggestion still stands.

xoxo

Tomato

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

You can click on any user name (including your own) and select from a menu which includes viewing the user profile and seeing more posts by that user. Is this more what you're looking for?

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

When a user's postcount is displayed with each message, it tends to create competition. Unfortunately I don't think there's an easy way to implement your suggestion, and it would still put emphasis on postcount, which is not usually a good thing.

to put it another way: why does it matter? :)

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Also you can make a bookmark of this link (Note: You have to copy the link, cause once you click it it changes to an identified search with limited lifespan.)