'Add to iPhoto button' Gone in 10.4.1??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Fredstar, May 18, 2005.

1. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2004
    Near London
    It appears that the (or at least my) 'add to iphoto' button that used to exist when selecting a group of jpg's (on say my desktop), right clicking and selecting 'slideshow' has dissapeared after installing 10.4.1. I could have sworn it was there before and very handy when you have dragged a load of jpegs from the net - now using the slideshow this way is completely pointless.
    The button still exists when i invoke a slideshow in Mail say or when using spotlight, just not when i activate it with any group of pictures by doing the right click.
    So does everyone else notice this with 10.4.1? Or more importantly did this ever exist in 10.4?
  2. Anawrahta macrumors member

Sep 9, 2005

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I've only really been using OSX since tiger so I have no idea if the option was there before but it's so stupid that the button isn't there when you ctrl click or go through from a smart folder but when you do a spotlight seach it's there. Did the programmers forget or is there a more complicated reason for this?
  3. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'm not so sure it was ever there in the Finder Slideshow option.

I'll speculate it's because while you might want to add new pictures that you receive from others into iPhoto, Apple expects you to import your pictures to iPhoto directly from your camera so why would you want to? I'd love to be able to - put in all my pics from the camera, slideshow and only put the good ones into iPhoto rather than importing them all and then clearing out.
  4. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

Jul 13, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Ever since the introduction of Tiger, the Finder has had a 'Slideshow' option in a contextual menu. Select one or more images, ctrl (or right mouse button) click and select 'Slideshow':

As for the 'Add to iPhoto' option within Slideshow mode, this only appears if you click the 'Slideshow' button from within Mail (when you have images as attachments for example):

Hope this helps!
  5. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2003
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    This is also (now) available in the Finder's Slideshow function.