add to roll in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, Jan 21, 2007.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hi everyone,

Often, when i want to add photos to my iPhoto library (scanned in photos from a different folder), i want them to go directly to a certain film roll. currently, i add them and then hafta manually drag them and find the roll i want.

anyone know a solution? thanks!

2. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

3. hoggdogg macrumors newbie

iPhoto seperates your imports using "rolls." I think you want to import your photos and then add them to an existing album. You can do this a couple of ways. First, you can tag them with a common keyword and create a smart photo album to automatically group them. Or you could simply import them from your scan folder and then manually drag and drop them into the album.

I am not aware of a way to import photos and then include them in an existing roll.

Hopefully this helped, :eek:

~Ryan H.

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

thanks for your help ryan, but actually i don't use the photo album feature of iPhoto. I like organizing by film roll. Otherwise, i'd have hundreds of "film rolls" that constitute 1 or 2 photos!

so anyone know how to add to a specific film roll? it's similar to iChat's inability to add a buddy to a certain buddy list...

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

You will need to start using albums.

6. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

You can highlight a group of photos in the main library view, then click File and "Create Film roll" and all photos that were selected are grouped together into that new roll. It's not ideal. iPhoto needs some management improvements and hopefully iLife 07 will include these.

I have a similar library, loads of rolls with only 2 or 3 photos and recently I've been trying to get them organised by Film roll. Dragging and dropping a batch of photos from half way down the list is driving me batty! The scroll keeps jumping past the roll I want, going slow, then fast.... GRR!

You want you photos grouped together properly. It means that in the pictures folder under Finder, all my photos are grouped together as they should be instead of being scattered across lots of different folders. Not nice!