Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harborgirl

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
Thank you! Link worked for me.
Does anyone know how I can enter birthdays once and then populated next year's calendar with the birthdays?

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
However, were the calendar developer members at Apple asleep during development of the iPad??? After all, the iPad's calendar app doesn't allow me to swipe to turn any pages!!! All those other apps swipe, flip, and turn pages, but not this native Apple calendar app.

Yeah, this bothers me too. It's very counterintuitive when so many other apps have gotten me used to flipping pages. Sometimes it seems Apple's own first party apps don't adhere to their own interface guidelines and instead require the user to do something totally different and inconsistent which I don't understand at all. Another example would be while using iTunes on an iPad. It would be logical to swipe through search results, but instead you have to keep clicking on a little forward arrow underneath. I really hope they address both of these issues. It's SO much more logical to just swipe everywhere through a list or while turning pages on something.

Drewsky87

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
MD
Wierd, I still have both my subscriptions after the update (gov't holidays and ravens' schedule). Were your calendars sync'd to your computer? Just re-add the subscription, only takes a minute or two.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Wierd, I still have both my subscriptions after the update (gov't holidays and ravens' schedule). Were your calendars sync'd to your computer? Just re-add the subscription, only takes a minute or two.

my calendars were synch'd, but they didn't add in the holidays. I had to manually add them in again. All is good now. Thanks :D

krigsmakten

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Would be nice with a calendar without all the nonsense holidays - Diwali for example - and the various Arab and Jewish holidays that aren't observed, not to mention made up holidays like Kwanzaa. Does anyone know of a "core" US holidays calendar?

Drew61

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
However, were the calendar developer members at Apple asleep during development of the iPad??? After all, the iPad's calendar app doesn't allow me to swipe to turn any pages!!! All those other apps swipe, flip, and turn pages, but not this native Apple calendar app. It seems like the Apple calendar developers must have scheduled their vacations during development, no pun intended.

A single finger swipe in the Calendar App works for flipping pages for me. You need to drag either from the left/right edge of the screen or the bottom corner of the calendar ... similar to flicking pages when reading books in iBooks. It works in both landscape and portrait mode. I'm using 6.0.1. Try it and see if it also works for you.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Would be nice with a calendar without all the nonsense holidays - Diwali for example - and the various Arab and Jewish holidays that aren't observed, not to mention made up holidays like Kwanzaa. Does anyone know of a "core" US holidays calendar?

That has been annoying me also. Finally found a work around this morning. Delete the Apple US Holiday calendar and add this one from Google Calendar. It is a public calendar and only lists the more common US Holiday like the previous calendar from Apple. I added it to my iCloud calendars and it synced over to iOS devices just fine.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I found a some instructions to add US Holidays to my iPad Calendar. Here they are if you're interested.

1. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Under Accounts, tap Add Account
3. Tap Other
4. Under Calendars, tap Add Subscribed Calendar
5. In the Server box, type http://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics
6. Tap Next
7. Tap Save (no other entries needed)

When you go to the Calendar app, you see the holidays listed. If you decide you no longer want the holidays, you can delete the account in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

:apple:

Thanks! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.