Addessbook and syncing to my cell-phone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mfacey, Nov 8, 2004.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2004

I posted a message with a similar topic earlier but this isn't the same so hear me out!

I have a Sony Ericsson K700i which I sync using Isync with
    Now, Addressbook has seperate entries for first and last name, whilst my phone doesn't! Now all the names in my addressbook are fully in the last name field! I find this a bit odd. Is there a way of solving this problem?
    Do I need to use 3rd party software?

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2004
    I think you only recourse is to let Apple know so they can fix it in the next iSync update. Since Apple is trying to make iSync work with these many different phones instead of the phone makers trying to make their phone work with iSync, it can take a while for them to iron out some of the bugs. My 610 didn't support all day events so they wouldn't sync across until Apple updated iSync with a fix for that. This was a very heavily requested feature so they do listen. You might check out the Discussions at Apple Support and see if others have the same problem or any way to correct it.
  3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    On my Sony Ericsson phone, the address book imported first name first, which is obviously useless. I had to start over and set the phone to import last name first. It's an option buried somewhere in the phone's menus. Find it and set it. I'll bet this solves your problem.