Addicted to Social Networking Sites?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Heart Break Kid, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

I'm a social network whore. I'll be the first to admit it. I check facebook every 20 minutes, myspace every few hours (i hate the load times), and linked in a few times a week. It got so bad that I had to remove accounts from friendster, Hi5, Orkut and Vox.

I was wondering, am I the only one? I wouldnt be surprised if I was :D...and what is the most "mac friendly" / slickest site out their? I'm looking for the MOST NON-MYSPACE looking site. The last thing I want to do is have to continue looking at sites like this.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'm not. i just don't see the attraction to such sites, what can you possibly gain from them?

3. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

What I don't get is what is it that makes talking to your friends over the internet better than face to face?

4. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I like myspace and facebook (in that order) but every 20min. c'mon thats craaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzy!

I really only check when I get an email about a new message or comment or something!

Oh well...I know you're not the only one with this problem, I can see how it would get addicting.

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

i used to use them but they're getting lame these days...

6. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

7. EEcuber17 macrumors member

8. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Ummmm, because a lot of us live far away from our friends. In my case I live in a different country so......that's why.

Myspace is good and bad. Good for my band, and to keep in touch with old friends, some that I wouldn't connect with any other way....and for the band it's good for those who don't have a real website, and don't want to pay for a site yet...

Bad, cuz it's slow, bad code and too much spam, and ad's...

9. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I used to, but I've lost interest. I don't know why- it seems kind of lame to me now.

10. bobscliff macrumors regular

bobscliff

I'll admit it, i'm addicted to facebook. I don't know, it's just fun sending friends messages (especially when you can't see them face to face, like during summer). It's also convenient seeing pictures online. MySpace, however, is the devil. Just going there makes me angry. Why? It's horrible on all browsers, is slow to load, sometimes it doesnt load at all, has (bad) music play automatically, and is just plain ugly. Well that's my rant against mySpace.

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I have never even signed up for one of those sites, and would avoid them entirely if my friends didn't blog on there.

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is this a social networking site? If it is, I'm definitely not addicted, but I don't mind a dabble...

13. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

for some, macrumors is a community

is this a social networking site?