Adding Album Art in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Powda~P, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Powda~P macrumors newbie

Is there an easier way to do this? I hate having to add album art 14 different times for one album. Is there any way I can add album art for an entire album when i import it? Or add album art to a playlist with one click and drag/other option? if this is not already possible Apple really needs to make this an option in iTunes 4.9

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Select all the songs in the album, then drag in the art... it'll attach to all the songs you've selected.

3. Powda~P thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i slect all the songs in an album?

4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

That looks like a good program, I might have to have that once I get a mac.

What I tend to do is either highlight the first track in the album and then hold shift, (ctrl on mac os if memory serves me correct), whilst selecting the last track, (to highlight all of them). Alternatively, I have browse switched on and select the album from the albums list and just paste into the album art box and because you have selected the album rather than the tracks, all withing that album are given the art.

5. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

there are a few good programs that will add the artwork for you just do a search on version tracker

6. cube macrumors G4

7. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I've been using Clutter for a while. I definitely recommend it.

8. antrabbit macrumors member

antrabbit

9. iminimac macrumors regular

select the album (hold the apple button and click on the songs in the album) and then press apple I (brings up info) and click on artwork and drag it in

10. iGary Guest

iGary

I fifth or sixth Clutter - doesn't work all the time, but it's spot on 90% of the time.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

im just glad that amazon has started to give out quality album art, instead of those tiny thumbnails that they used to have, now only to find some quality artwork for the older stuff.

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

There's no lazier way... where u open up itunes, select the songs (all for me) and just click something cause i have almost 4,000 songs :eek:

13. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

This site is pretty good:

http://www.coverkingdom.net/

14. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I use a tiny program called 'Fetch Art'

It works like this.

1. Select all the songs you want to get cover art for.
    2. Go to the applescript menu and select 'Fetch art'
    3. It goes and downloads the cover art for all selected songs in its own interface.
    4. Select the song(s) you want the cover art to copy over.
    5. Hit 'Copy"

Yes, it seems like a lot of steps, but really, it isn't. Works very well too. I can post a little video of me getting art if you like. Oh, btw, the program is FREE.

15. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I think this is the lazy way i want!! Does it work fast, I have about just under 4,000 songs... I can do a select all my songs and just let it go right...a
    can you post screen shot please?

16. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Sweet Jimminy that is amazing. I shall now go and do this to all 5300 of my songs..... fun!

17. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

That's pretty much the lazy way :)

I'm at work right now, but I can post a video of me grabbing cover art if you like. :)

18. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I just downloaded clutter last night - very cool! It automatically looks up the image for when when you play a song. if you don't like what it picks (it's wrong sometimes, but not much), you can remove the auto-selected art and assign it yourself.

I like the way it seems to store one larger image for the entire album vs. the way itunes has the image imbedded in each song file. It seems like you can get a larger image without taking up as much hard drive space as when the image is in each itunes song file. I wish itunes took this approach!

I also like the way my desktop looked when I cluttered it up with various albums. Not that I left it that way though - I like my desktop empty... :)

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193