Adding Apple TV2 to my Harmony One remote

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jjholmes93, Jul 14, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm sure this has been discussed in this forum before, but I'm looking for help in adding Apple TV2 to Harmony One remote specifically.

2. macrumors member

Dannymonky

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ummm, tried the software last night and I wasn't sure what to call Apple TV so I set it up under "Utility" and it didn't work so I'm not sure what to call it using the set-up wizard.

4. macrumors member

Dannymonky

Mine is under Apple Media Center PC. Make sure u have latest logitech harmony remote software. Try that.

5. macrumors 68020

Media Center PC > Apple > Apple TV

That's where I found it in the Logitech software. The ATV2 is really nice with the Harmony One. On the little Apple aluminum remote you have to hold down left or right for a couple of seconds for the 30 second skip forward and 10 second skip back feature the ATV2 offers.

But on the Harmony (or really any extra remote you have), you can do it using discrete buttons. I enabled mine using the middle up/down button and it works very well that way. Even better than most DVRs.

6. macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed. Universal remote is the way to go. I look at my drawer full of unused OEM remotes and shudder. I had a Harmony One until my daughter dropped it so I bought a cheaper one until she can pay for what she breaks. ;)