Adding Images to Text Edit

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Huntn, Mar 18, 2013.

1. macrumors G3

Huntn

I'm not sure if this has something to do with Mountain Lion or not, but since I've installed it, I can no longer copy and paste jpegs into TextEdit documents. Anyone have a clue? I certainly don't.
    Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

I am able to do so in 10.8.2:

Have you tried deleting "com.apple.TextEdit.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet?
    Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

3. Huntn, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

I've been doing this for ages, dragging images, copy and pasting selections into TextEdit, no problem until recently. I'll try this and see. Using another account is a good idea. I'll report back.

Updated: OK, this is strange. Did they make a fundamental change to OSX organization with the versions of OSX newer than Snow Leopard? Where I used to have a Library folder in my Home folder, I have none. There is a Library folder in a Shared Folder, but all it has within it is Application Support. Could these folders now be invisible? More checking needed. More help appreciated. :D Thanks!

Update 2: OK so it is invisible. Found it...here.

Update 3: Trashing the TextEdit plist does not solve the problem...

4. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

Logging in as a different user does not correct the issue. I can select an image, Command C, Command V, or I can go up to the Edit Menu and manually select 'copy' then 'paste', and finally I can grab the image and drag it to the TextEdit document and while it acts like it will copy, nothing appears when I drop it on the document. I guess tomorrow I'll give Apple a call and let them earn their Apple Care warranty. :)

5. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

I'm starting to think this issue may be a result of using an older version of Graphic Converter, although I can use the methods I previously described to copy and paste an image into a Pages document while using Graphic Converter.

6. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

I have verified that I can copy and paste images and parts of images using Preview so the problem appears to be the older version of Graphic Converter I'm using. Issue solved I think. :)