Adding iPhone 4 movies back to the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AbSoluTc, Jul 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

Ok, I am a little perturbed here. If you remove/save movies from your iPhone 4 camera roll to your computer and want to put them back on your phone, where do they go? I know you can syn the photos back if you create a folder but where the hell do the videos go? They are certainly not recognized when the are put in a folder under my pics. :confused::confused:

Help! Lol.

2. macrumors P6

-aggie-

They’re synced under Music.

~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Movies/

Was that what you wanted?

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

I suppose. So any movie that was captured on the iPhone 4 and is moved OUT OF the camera roll, it can not be put back on the phone except for putting it in through iTunes/iPod now?

4. macrumors P6

-aggie-

This is the way it’s always been. No? The iPhone has never acted like the original iPods. Sucks that Apple did this, but they did.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

AbSoluTc

I know you can't add them back to the camera roll but I wanted back in the photos area. I got the answer here - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=962589

I am STOKED! :D

6. macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Adding them back thru the folder I sync photos with is great and all, but my issue is that iMovie will not import any video that isn't in the actual "camera roll".

Am I missing something?