adding more columns to list view

Discussion in 'macOS' started by schmintan, Mar 14, 2007.

1. schmintan macrumors regular

i like list view to see file details in my folders but i cant find out how to add more columns besides the default ones. in windows you have the option to add any number of columns out of 100000's of availiable columns, so if you were looking at a folder of mp3s for example, you could view the bitrate and tag info in the list view ( or detail view as windows calls it). is there a way to do this in MacOS? im not putting down MacOS or anything or starting a flame war, i just want to know if its possible

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

(command + J) brings up the View options dialog, as far as I know Macs still only have a single button, if by right click you mean control+click, or am I missing something.

4. schmintan thread starter macrumors regular

none of those ideas let me add other columns to the list view. in windows you can add any one of 1000's of columns such as mp3 tag info, bitrate, photo tag info. in macOS you can only add one of 5 or 6 columns ( created date, modified date etc ), at least the way i see it, and the way the answers above describe it.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Control+Click, or Right Click if you have a mighty mouse or any other 2 button mouse.

6. schmintan thread starter macrumors regular

tried that,it still only offers me the chance to use 5 or so columns such as created date, modified date, size and one or two more.