Adding Pictures in a Movie while movie is still running?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by thechris69, Jan 21, 2007.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Okay, this could be kind of complicated, and im not good at explaining, so ill explain in steps:

1.I just finished editing my news broadcast project for school in iMovie, and it looks great!

2. All I have to do now is add pictures in whenever the anchors are talking. follow?

3. Example, an anchor is talking, the shot is centered, and the camera pans to the left while the anchor is still talking, thus leaving a space in the top right hand corner

4. We want to put the picture in that spot, while the anchor is still talking. follow?

can this be done in imovie without using a blue-screen? how would i do this?
    thanks for all your help!

2. -DH macrumors 65816

It absolutely can be done, but how you do it depends on this: are you wanting to do it live or in post?

-DH

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

If you are looking to do it in editing it can indeed be done. However, it can not be done in iMovie. What you are looking to do is to make an icon for the story the anchor is presenting.

You will have to do this in Final Cut Express at the least, you import the picture and motion its size down to an appropriate size to fit.

It is very easy but I think that it may be a little to much for iMovie.