Adding print drivers?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by srexy, Mar 3, 2007.

1. srexy macrumors 6502a

I've been trying to get my HP 6210 which is attached to my peecee working for a while now. I'm able to see the printer in print & fax and browse to it etc. The problem is that I just can't get the drivers to show up. I just installed the mac Hp software specifically for it expecting the printer to show up in my list of choices but it still isn't there.

What is the procedure to add printers to the list of os-x print drivers?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you are on an Intel based Mac you'll need Intel drivers. Did you check you were installing Intel or Universal drivers, not PPC ones?

3. srexy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep - it said universal software for Mac os-x 10.4 . I downloaded the whole package (fax and scanner software included) and installed it but am still not able to see the HP 6210 in my list of available drivers...

4. srexy thread starter macrumors 6502a

anyone? - I googled the crap out of this and still haven't shed any light on it...

5. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I'm having the exact same issue only with my canon mp500 i installed the drivers but I can't seem to get them to show up on my drivers list

If I click "other..." I don't know what file is considered "the driver" on a Mac? :confused: :mad: