adding ram [imac g5]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by atacinus, Sep 4, 2004.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

i know no one has these yet, but i.m just looking at the pictures and it looks like this could be dificult...i save 15.95 going with crucial ram over adding it through apple...i.m not a novice about computers, i can put ram in...i.m just wondering how dificult anyone thinks this is going to be on this new computer...the way it.s designed? I AM a penny pincher so i.d love to save the 16 bucks though! Let me know what you guys think....and sorry for so many questions today...but i.m THIS close to purchasing and then i.ll be out of your hair [except to wine about how long the delivery wait time is :) ]

Thanks,
    Christien.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you are thinking of going the Apple route to 512MB -- you'll get a single 512MB DIMM and still be able to add a DIMM later.

If you go Crucial, it would be silly to add a 256MB DIMM -- any further upgrades mean removing a DIMM, before you can add one.

---

Of course $16 would be a nominal price for getting a single DIMM, instead of two.

3. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

ahh...i hadn.t even thought of it like that...Thanks!

Christien.