Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one more

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
A question for Apple Music subscribers: is it now possible to add our own MP3 files (that do not exist on Apple Music) to our collection? While testing Apple Music on lunch, I remember being stuck and having to temporarily turn the iCloud Music Library off, upload my MP3s (via iTunes) and then turn the iCloud Music Library back on. Has it been resolved by now? Thanks!

Poontaco

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2014
A question for Apple Music subscribers: is it now possible to add our own MP3 files (that do not exist on Apple Music) to our collection? While testing Apple Music on lunch, I remember being stuck and having to temporarily turn the iCloud Music Library off, upload my MP3s (via iTunes) and then turn the iCloud Music Library back on. Has it been resolved by now? Thanks!

I've never had any issue adding my own MP3's to Apple Music or iTunes Match.

Reactions: one more

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
I have no issues playing back whatever I uploaded to the iCloud Music Library, but whenever I upload the process would get stuck at a random portion. And it's pretty annoying. Sometimes it'll upload a song or two and just give up, and other times it won't upload at all. I have to constantly cancel the operation and update the iCloud Music Library until all my songs have been uploaded.

Are you facing the same issue? I hope someone here will have a fix or workaround for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.