Adding video to .mp3

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DonRaphael, Aug 26, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I need some help please. I'd like to upload a .mp3-file on YouTube but I need to add a video to it first. How do I do that on a mac? Doesn't matter whatever the video is actually, could be only a picture, I'm just interested in uploading the .mp3-file.

Thank in advance!

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

MP3 is not a video file. It's an audio file.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know, that's why I'd like to add a video to the .mp3-file so that I can upload it on YouTube. But I don't know what to use and how to do.

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't add video to an .mp3 file. It doesn't support video.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I see, so if I'd like to upload an .mp3-file on YouTube, how would I do? I mean, when using windows you can use Windows Movie Maker to add pictures to an .mp3-file and making a video out of it and then uploading it. But how do you do when using mac? There has to be some way doing this? You must be able to upload a .mp3-file on YouTube if you are a mac user?

6. macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

You could use iMovie for this task.

7. macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

No no no...
    Windows Movie Maker doesn't let you add pictures to an .mp3 file. As GGJstudios said, .mp3 is an audio-only filetype so that's just not possible. What you want to do is use your .mp3 as the audio track for a (new) video file.

That's what Windows Movie Maker does, and as John Doe 57 suggested iMovie can do this as well.