Address book always opens same contact

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hansen, Mar 25, 2005.

1. hansen macrumors regular

When I open my address book I get a list of all my contacts synced from my phone, iPod and imported as vcard (approx total of 200 contacts)

However no matter what contact I click on the details displayed is always for the first contact. If I double click to open a contact, it is also the first one that opens.

Any ideas anyone?

2. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

cool, so it works :)
    Are you saying your right pane isn't changing when clicking on a contact? It is a rather confusing read. Maybe i'm just being stupid.

3. hansen thread starter macrumors regular

The right pane is always showing the same contact. The same goes i no matter what contact I double click. It always shows the same.

4. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

You could try deleting the pref's

Quit address book
    go to your home directory
    in Library/preferences move 'com.apple.AddressBook.plist'
    to the desktop (delete it from the prefs folder)

restart address book and try it out

good luck

5. hansen thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately that didn't work. Is there a way where I can delete the address book and reset my Mac and import the contacts again. I don't want all my contacts deleted from my phone the next time I sync so I guess just deleting isn't the way to go foward

6. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

hmm

I don't know wether you could simply reinstall it or not. Deleting should be easy, just throw the app icon in the trash.
    You could (just to be sure) make a backup of AddressBook.data just to be on the safe side.

No idea on sync behaviour after reinstall, but my guess is it will not delete anything from your phone, it will sync both databases (in this case copy everything over to the mac)

Maybe someone else can shed their light on this strange behaviour, i'm running out of ideas/knowledge. Good luck though ;)