Address Book Bcc

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcrockett, May 12, 2005.

1. rcrockett macrumors newbie

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm new to Mac.. in the Mail Version 2.0 (727/728), I'd like to add Bcc to the address book. It now has To and Cc but no Bcc. Is there a way to add Bcc to the Mail Address Book (not the message... I found that :) )

/Users/roycrockett/Desktop/Picture 1.png

Also, how do I add an image to THIS message??
  2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I think I understand your first question, so I'll give it a try.

I see how the Address Book interface that pops up only has the To: and CC: buttons. However, if you have chosen to display the BCC: field in your email, you can simply drag a contact from that Address Book interface into the BCC field and it will put it there.

To be honest, I had never used that Address button in Mail because I always just start typing and Mail autocompletes for me either from my Address Book or from previous emails. You could try that too--just start typing the first part of the email address or the contact's name. So, if I type "M" in any field, I get a drop down of every contact whose name or email starts with "M." That should work pretty well for you too.
  3. rcrockett thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 3, 2005
    Thanks for your time and information. You way is the easiest and I guess my wife will just have to adjust... we just moved to Mac's and the mail program is a little different. I appreciate your help.