Address Book Deleted Everything!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eddx, Jul 1, 2006.

1. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

I switched last week and one of the first things I did was put all my contacts into the Address Book. I also spent time inputting postal addresses and phone numbers as well as emails. I then synced it up with my .mac account.

A few days ago (I wasnt connected to the net). I loaded up Address Book and it just Apple Computer and My Name entries on it, nothing else was there.

I tried replacing the old address book application data but it didnt work.

I looked in safari on my .mac address book and all my contacts (about 200) were on there.

I then synced my .mac and address book and now both address book and .mac account only have 2 contacts.

Anyway I can get this data back, I didnt have a back up apart from what was on my .mac account. Do I have to re-input all the data? How do I make sure it wont randomly wipe the newly inputted data again?

2. lonepilgrim macrumors regular

What option did you choose when syncing -- merge date, replace on .Mac, replace on computer, etc.?

Also what version of OS X are you running?

I'm not sure if anything can be done if .Mac (I presume through the web) shows bad news. Sometimes the sync at the computer end can be a bit hit and miss, but 10.4.7 improved matters.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Go look at this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=203546

And read reply #7 and see if you can use that to solve the immediate issue. As for why your contacts got deleted in the first place, I'm pretty unclear about what you're doing, and I have no .Mac experience....