Address Book Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DVDSP, Jul 19, 2003.

1. DVDSP macrumors regular

Anyone know where the addresses are actually stored? I need to transfer all of my wife's addresses to her iBook and can't find the right location.

I tried User>User Name>Library>Addresses and found "Address Book.addressbook" but apparently that isn't the correct file. When I transferred that one there was no change (on her iBook she only has 3 addresses but has over 100 on the G4 we're trying to transfer from).

She doesn't have a full .mac membership so iSync doesn't help either....

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

you can export all of the adresses as vCards, and then import them on yr wife's machine.

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yep he beat me to it. just drag them all into a folder as vcards and then put them on the ibook.

iJon

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

or....go here

~/Library/Addresses/addressbook.addressbook

that's the file with all of your addresses in it.

note that this is for each individual user. sometimes if you don't have multiple users, the addresses are located in your systems library folder, not the user library folder.

5. MacBoyX macrumors 6502

MacBoyX

Actually addresses are stored in:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Address Book

But I'd recommend you just open Address Book and select all the Addresses and just drag then 2 your desktop and it will export them all in one file. Just drag them back in to the other address book to get them all back.

MacboyX

6. DVDSP thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks for all your responses. I ended up exporting all her addresses and then emailing her the file. The cool thing was, when she received it on her iBook all she did was double click the file in Mail and all the addresses automatically imported.

Cool. Couldn't be easier. How Mac-ish.

Thanks again,