Address Book / SMS / Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Oct 19, 2005.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I have a PB 1.25 w/ bluetooth / airport etc. Sys Tiger 10.4.2 everthing up to date.

My phone is a SonyErricson K750i.

The phone is paired OK, iSync works fine.

The problem is that in Address Book, I seem to no longer be able to send or recieve SMS messages. I've pressed the BT icon in the program and it turns blue fine. And the BT symbol on my phone shows there is a connection.

If I go to my mobile number in AB, I have three option.

To display the phone number large - works fine.

To ' Dial Number With K750i ' - nothing happens ( no dialogue box shows up and nothing happens on the phone - no matter if I choose someone elses number )

To ' SMS Message ' - the text field comes up, I type in a message and press send ( all as normal ) - but no message is sent. Also, if I send a text message to myself from my phone, on my phone I receive the text, but no window pops up in the computer to show I have an incoming message.

:mad:

This is a feature I really like, and need it fixed. I'm not to sure about deleting pref files etc. so thought I'd ask you guys first! I have saved my AB contacts.

Any thoughts guys?

cheers

2. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

3. Gee macrumors 65816

Did you try re-pairing (pairing again, not repairing!) the phone with the computer?

4. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Yeah I did that - but as I said, it seems to have no problems working in other app on the computer via BlueTooth - such as BT file browsing, or iSync. So seems to be Address Book related....

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Hmm, I have the same set-up and mine works. I sent a lovely message in Spanish copied from the translation widget and complete with accents the other night. Spanish friend was highly impressed by my sudden fluency!

You said you've re-paired. When you did this, did you delete the pairing and then reset it from the phone (ie telling the phone to search for Mac)? That worked for me when my p800/p900 had mad turns and refused to work with iSync.

I'm assuming that the phone is next to the Mac while you're doing this? And that you 'connected' them while the phone is awake, before it dims its screen and goes to the screensaver? Occasionally, I do find that I can't connect if that's the case; it's almost like the phone can't wake up enough to be seen.

6. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I actually had no idea this was even a feature in Address Book, I've always used Bluephone Elite for SMS - pretty cool anyways.

It works fine with my SE K700i, and as many issues as I've have with BT, my phone, and my PB, I can't imagine what the problem could be here. If it seems to be AB related deleting AB pref files might be a good start.

7. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

8. doug.hall macrumors regular

9. PatrickF macrumors 6502

I hate to tell you but 10.4.6 is up-to-date, not 10.4.2.

Oh yeah and since the last iSync update (10.4.6 I think) you don't need the Address Book hack anymore for the K750i.

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    In October when the OP wrote, he was up to date.

11. PatrickF macrumors 6502

My apologies - didn't bother checking the dates :)

The latest iSync should still provide much better support for newer SE phones.