Adgc

Discussion in 'Community' started by void, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502

ADGC-What does it mean? It means Anti-Demi-God-Coalition. I for one, am sick of the demi-gods abusing their powers...The "Longest thread you can't post to " has pushed the limit. I am currently writing a detailed message to arn to keep these immature idiots under control. From now on, I will disobey the demi-gods in any and every way that I can, until these stupid uses of power stop. I further urge other non-demigod members to join the coalition and put this assinine abuse of power to an end.
    -void, chairman of the ADGC

2. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

haha. good luck keeping this thread afloat.

but, i agree with you about that thread actually... i did my part to question it in the private forum... so, you're really aiming your unfounded anger at the wrong group... the issue should be with the moderators...

anyhoo

3. macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: Adgc

As the chairman of CAPTSC, pronounced CAP-TSK (Coalition Against People That Start Coalitions), I would be surprised to see this thread last very long. So you have a problem with the like what, four? moderators, on this site? Because as far as I know a demigod is just someone who has contributed to the website, donated, etc, bought a mug, and has no power like a regular member. Wow, I just realized that sounds very grim :p

anyway.

Whats the opposite of open? Thats what this thread is gonna be :)

tazo

4. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

oh, and as far as i understand it, the idea of that thread was discussed in the moderators' forum. which demi-gods don't have access to. therefore, i would assume they either got arn's consent, or he hasn't seen it yet.

believe it or not, he might be busy (hmm... doctors....)

also, i reread your post. it just makes you sound bitter and angry, without really thinking.

1. as tazo said, demigods have no power other than reading the private forum/submissions. and deleting our own posts.

2. i, a demigod, started a whole thread asking about the thing in the private forum, because i think it's dumb.

so, what else besides that thread has you irked? have the mods closed some of your threads or what? i'm very curious why you seem to think they are out to get the "regular" members.

5. macrumors 6502

Well I started a thread called the longest thread of all time, and it was immediately shut down. They start one, and it is still up! They also express very strong opinions, sometimes stronger than normal members, and they are free to do it! Shrek tried to do that and he was banned for it! They are out of control.
    -void

6. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

have you read their thread? the point of it was to show that people don't like spamming, so don't do it... i agree, it was not the way to do it, but that was their point. i'd be surprised if you saw very many more (if any) posts going into that thread.

your thread was just for spam. they've shut down all threads like that, as they should.

also, what very strong opinions have they shown that get other people banned? i haven't seen this at all. all except rower pretty much stay out of the political forums, so i'm not sure what else you could even refer to.

shrek spammed and attacked others, including arn... it's that simple.

7. macrumors 68040

tazo

I have experienced what you are saying first hand, umm it is basically the sterotypes thread if you want to go look. anyway. I hear you, but in life there will always be someone with *more* of an opinion, even online. Take it with a grain of salt and just try and be a member of this site in good standing.

I hope that helps.

-tazo

8. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hey, even i think rower was a bit off on that one. but as i said, it was miscommunication, as most trouble on here is... and i don't think he did anything more outrageous than any other members... no?

you're allowed to have opinions, even very controversial ones... and as long as they're legal (ha), you can state them... respectfully... it's when you start attacking others that it becomes an issue... or mindless spamming of course.

9. macrumors 68040

tazo

Very true JSR, and I have since apologized to Rower :eek: And yes that was a great deal of miscommunication. I would also agree that nothing truly 'wrong' per se was done.

Void, you have the right here to have an opinion, but just like with the U.S constitution, it guarantees you rights, but not the right to infringe on anyone else's.

tazo

10. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You got it wrong, the demi-gods aren't the problem...

It's the moderators going psycho and acting like spam monkeys.

There's no hope in MacRumors Land when the moderators go whacko, like Jacko.

11. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you're partially right... and while, once again, i don't agree with the method used, they had a reason. here is the post from that thread that explains it

12. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

so I'd like to know just who the hell is sending me IM's...

calling me a f***ing idiot for f***ing up the boards?! :rolleyes:

u guys are acting like children...

we're trying to have fun while posting a useful message to teach a somewhat valuable lesson and all u can do is whine about us abusing our powers?

13. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

on second thought...void...u do exactly what u say u are going to do...

see how quickly u get banned...

grow up

14. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

wow. that's pathetic.

it's one thing to have a problem with it and send a reasonable email/pm or whatever....

as for acting like children... void's 13? so i guess that could fit.. heh ;)

15. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

tis true jello...tis true...

but this is ridiculous...

I'm not going to shutdown this thread...I want to let him shoot himself in the ass... ;)

16. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

was the instant message name "yourmomissaddam"?
    that'd be too obvious i'd think.

17. macrumors 68040

tazo

I believe that this guy is giving all teenagers on the site, responsible teenagers who try and be good members, a bad name. It sucks to go into a store nowadays and be followed, trailed if you will, by a security guard or clerk because they believe we will steal at will if left unattended. As a teenager I am subject to much discrimination that is not even regarded as discrimination, it is hidden under the veil of "protecting profits'. Anyway that was my ten seconds on the soapbox.

Oh and also, this is 500, I thought I should make a decent effort to make the 500th a well thought out, emotional post.

-Tazo

18. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Shrek Jr.

Somebody stop this horrid abuse of color...

19. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Re: Shrek Jr.

haha.

tazo- i'm surprised you even put yourself in the same group as a 13 year old... after all, you're almost the big 1-6!

ha

20. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

no...his/her handle is "vo1d970"

21. macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: Re: Re: Shrek Jr.

i lump myself in the group as the 'old enough not to be baied but still treated like one by everyone else.

22. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ohhhh... that's less obvious. ;)

23. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

heh yeah...so either I'm WAY jumping the gun here...or...

24. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

There is no abuse of power - that would actually imply we are doing something wrong or causing something bad to happen.

Sure, the three of us could have used a more tactful and less blunt or even more mature approach to getting the point across, yet in the past that has never made all that much of an impression. When I first became a mod we would get a thread reported maybe once every two weeks. Now we get on average several a day. Its more work for us, it makes the forums messy, its best just to try and be a positive contributor to the site.

There's so much going on here, its a great community, try to enjoy it.

D

25. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well said Mr. Anderson... ;)

we're just trying to make it interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.