Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TessQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Greetings. I've been using Adium quite successfully for the past month. Two days ago it flared up with a Crash Report window whenever I tried to chat with someone.
I uninstalled it - libraries et al; and re dl'd it; same thing.

It boots up fine, connects fine. It's only when I try to actually USE the program that it crashes.
The Mac error window pops up so fast and disappears, I have no idea what it says. It just flashes up and disappears.

Any advice?:confused:

Btw:I've read in previous posts that iChat will also work with Google Talk (which is why i'm using Adium atm) but I can't get it configured to do so. Ideas?

TessQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
iChat now crashing

Okay!

I learned how to configure iChat for google talk. Now iChat crashes every time I try to contact someone!

I don't know what part of my computer is responsible - - - but i'm determined by golly! :eek:

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
just out of curiosity, do you have shapeshifter installed? Because I started having the exact same problem 2 days ago, but it was right after I installed shapeshifter, so I assumed shapeshifter was to blame... maybe that's wrong though

Sorry not to be helpful, but I haven't figured it out yet either... very annoying :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.