Adium Font Trouble...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shamrocker, Sep 11, 2006.

1. shamrocker macrumors newbie

I seem to be having a strange problem in Adium with format/font.
    For example, while typing a message or away message, I set the font to 12 verdana, or whatever. It shows up as 12 verdana on my message, and when I'm typing, but (with the help of another screen name on aim open and other people I IM confirming this) all of the IMs I send, unless in the default font, send in size 10 font. I don't want my font this small, and I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere that was automatically resizing this or something. Sorry if that's confusing, but I hope someone can understand/help :(

2. evands macrumors member

3. shamrocker thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, no. I know how to set the font, and it shows on my Adium that the specific font I set is the one being sent. However, no matter what size I set it to, every person I send anything to ALWAYS receives it in size 10 font. I have never had this problem using AIM on my computer.
    I am using the very latest version of Adium. In fact, I was so peeved by this problem that I deleted it from my computer and tryed reinstalling it a few days ago, but same problem.

4. evands macrumors member

Ah, right, I remember that bug -- AIM-specific, and only (if I'm remembering correctly) affects people who using official AIM clients.

This problem has already been fixed for the next release of Adium. You can find a beta of Adium 1.0 at http://beta.adiumx.com -- the usual warnings about using a beta apply (and are mentioned on that page).

5. shamrocker thread starter macrumors newbie