Adium Help (Timestamps)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac-er, Sep 10, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

Maybe I am just totally missing it, but I've looked everywhere...

Is there a way to have a timestamp on Adium messages showing when each IM was sent/received?

Thanks in advance.

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

What version of Adium are you using?

Adium timestamps everything as far as I know (I'm using version 0.84).

Though I do remember there used to be a setting for timestamps in earlier versions of Adium (sorry I can't remember where it is now).

3. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

But, I don't get the timestamps. And, I don't see how to turn them on....unless I am blind as a dingbat.

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Well, the only thing I see with regards to timestamps is this; maybe you can find this in preferences and try tweaking it.

Attached Files:

5. evands macrumors member

Display of timestamps is dependent upon which message style you're using... check your Messages preferences (and if one of the built-in ones doesn't do it for you, you might want to look at the styles available from www.adiumxtras.com)

6. hrimhari macrumors newbie

hrimhari

In case you want dates in your message time stamps and you use Smooth Operator, I did some tweaks to make that available by adding a 'Icon-DateTime' variant. Source here: https://github.com/hrimhari/adium

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 68040

T'hain Esh Kelch

You just resurrected a 10 year old thread for no other reason than to promote a skin....

8. hrimhari macrumors newbie

hrimhari

I posted a solution to a problem I personally spent some time trying to solve hoping it would help other people. This thread appeared close to the top of my google search.