Adium Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tiny_101, Jun 2, 2006.

1. tiny_101 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the color of the box we type in for Adium (from white to another shade?)

Thanks in advance!:)

2. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Hmm, not quite sure about changing the color of the box you type in. I do know that you can put a background picture on the area that has the conversation on it. I'll have to check it out. Seems reasonable to be able to add a bit of color. Cheers

3. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

Do you mean this??

Adium -- > Preferences --> Messages --> Background (at the bottom)

There, you can change the background of your IM to a different color or even upload a specific picture. Good luck!

4. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Well, I tried this but can't get the message area on the bottom to change to a different color. Could it be an either/or thing? I've got a background picture already. Hmmm, I'll keep trying. Cheers

5. tiny_101 thread starter macrumors member

Oh no, that wasn't what I meant :p It's not the message part of the conversation, it's the typing part, haha. Thanks for the help though! :eek:

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

afaik, its not possible to change the color/font in the type box, but it displays in the message window. odd indeed, but i'm sure there is a reason it's coded this way, perhaps heading over to the forums at Adiumx.com could give you more answers? just a suggestion..

7. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    While in a conversation: Format --> Show Fonts
    The 3rd and 4th options along the top bar (T and a sheet of paper) are text color and background color respectively.
    It can be a bit finicky... but if you keep trying it'll eventually work. Sometimes you need to type something and highlight it.
    (Also, if you find it reverting to something old after closing that conversation, try configuring your colors in a conversation with yourself, and then end it by talking to yourself for awhile.)

I hope this is what you guys were even talking about ;)
    :)

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've tried it as you have said before, but it never took. it always reverted back to normal and stayed on a per-conversation basis, i thought the original poser was looking for something more universially applied. and as you said this is fickle, but perhaps workable.

9. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

Yeah, it definitely needs to be refined somehow, but it's workable if you're persistent enough.

I had lime green on forest green for ages and it always showed up properly. Only just a few minutes ago I changed to purple on pink (hey... :p ) and I remembered how painful it can be.

Just keep trying over and over again... it'll work someday :eek:

10. tiny_101 thread starter macrumors member

Hey, it seems like realityisterror's suggestion is working right now =) Thank you so much for the help!

11. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Here's an example of what I was talking about. I've got a picture of the Milwaukee Museum of Art as my background. I love the picture. I can't claim credit as I got it from someone on the monthly desktop thread. I'm sure that lots of people have their own backgrounds....might be interesting.....might be a new thread:D

Cheers[​IMG]