Adium help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chairguru22, Jul 6, 2006.

1. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i just d/l the Adium and i cant login to my AIM account. i type in my user name and pw and hit OK and after a couple seconds it asks for my pw again. under accounts in preferences it also says im offline and that doesnt change. any tips? thanks.

2. jive macrumors 6502a

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

be sure that in preferences>accounts that its set up for AIM?

4. chairguru22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nope, still not working. did all that stuff, double checked the connection setting for AIM, and theyre the same as the ones i use for iChat. this is pretty odd. i guess ill just wait for Adium 1.0 to be officially released and see if it works then. i dont mind iChat anyway...

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no error messages are popping up?
    its an odd issue i must say, one that i've never seen happen to myself.

6. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I'd ask on the adium message boards or something... cause at the current rate 1.0 won't be out for another 6 months or a year at least...

7. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

i love adium and use it most everyday but seriously these guys need to figure out how to add video/audio. you have ichat for aol, the new improved yahoo messenger is out and much improved and amsn offers webcam support.

my fear is that adium at some point is going to be left behind because of this shortcoming. i know its difficult to make happen on a mac. but its not impossible and they are searching for someone who can make it happen for them. i sometimes need video and its easier to have ichat and yahoo running so i can have instant video instead of logging off adium and opening them.

adium also has trouble transferring files often times which is unforgivable to me. if they fix those two very important items then they will be king, i just dont want the king to die...