Adium Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macsrockmysocks, Apr 22, 2006.

1. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

i need to change a couple of things with Adium, but I just bought this mac(20" Intel iMac w/512RAM) and I don't know how to use many things right now. I need to change my icon(its set as a cat:confused: ). I want to change the icon in the dock to an aim guy so people will understand it. I also want to change the annoying duck noise when someone i/ms me. Thank you:) Yea. I forgot that when i downloaded it, there is this AdiumX_0.89.1.dmg file on my desktop. What is it and can i delete it?

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

For lots of different icons - and instructions on how to install them - go to http://www.adiumxtras.com

There may be an AIM icon set in Adium preferences (Menu bar: Adium -> Preferences). In there also are options for changing sounds. Adium is very customisable.

You can delete the .dmg file, or keep it somewhere safe (e.g. in a Downloads folder) so you can reinstall at a later date without downloading. On the other hand, it gets updated so frequently that you may as well delete and download again if need be. Don't forget to copy the Adium program to your Applications folder if you haven't already done so.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The AIM icon or the iChat one? I've been using the iChat one for Adium since I started using it last year.