Adium - Now playing in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jucie, Aug 4, 2006.

1. jucie macrumors newbie

i searched around a bit in the forums (the adium ones too) for something like this...but couldn't find much.

i don't know if anyone has made a script like this yet but...I want to be able to display the current track i'm playing in iTunes while running Yahoo! in Adium. preferably while my status is Available, not set to Away. All the scripts i've been able to find seem to only work with AIM or MSN messenger.

if this is impossible, i understand.:)

2. jive macrumors 6502a

3. Patch^ macrumors regular

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not at my Mac, but also, when you are editing your status messages, if you look in the menus... the second or third menu (either or Edit or the next one after, I think?) has a "script" item in it -- and in that item are a number of different little things you can insert into status messages that change dynamically, including several iTunes related things....

5. jucie thread starter macrumors newbie

is there anything else i need to add to the /music thing? currently i don't have any scripts installed, if this makes a difference.

& mkrishnan, what exactly do you mean? when i go to the status menu and click edit, i don't see anything in the box with a script item in it...

6. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

In, Adium, click in the Edit Menu>Insert Script. You should see a list of preinstalled scripts. The /music is one of those preinstalled scripts. There are also many others.

If you download third party scripts, they'll also appear in this list.

7. jucie thread starter macrumors newbie

oh i get it now...sry for the stupidity.lol

thanks for all your help guys!

8. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

If you only want it in Yahoo! - the new Yahoo! messenger has this feature built in, and in my opinion, is the best looking IM client a.t.m. Oh, and it lets you chat to MSN contacts, too.

9. lOUDsCREAMEr macrumors regular

lOUDsCREAMEr

man, it's already included in 1.0 beta. just select "iTunes" as your status ;)

google "adium beta"

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, I'm sorry -- I was at school and so I had to work from memory on what the menus were called. :eek: Glad you got it working! :)

11. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

The new yahoo looks nice, but it lacks, AFAIK, the basic feature of saving conversations. In my beta, I haven't even figured out how to save the conversations manually. Am I just looking over it or is it just not there? So far, I only use yahoo for when I webcam over the yahoo network. The webcam feature in the new beta is much better than the old 2.5.3 version, though. Still, for general IMing (as stated on so many other threads), Adium rocks.

12. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

The new Yahoo chat runs slow as hell on my Pismo.