adium problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slinky0390, Sep 8, 2005.

1. slinky0390 macrumors regular

hey, i just recently have had problems running aim on my mac (unexpectedly quitting) so i have switched to adium. so far i think its a great program but one problem im having is that i can never get a sucessfull file transfer... since im into video editing i was using file sending features in aim to send videos and movies to my friends... but for some reason i can never get an adium file transfer to be sucessful.. if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated...

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Many people have trouble with consistency of file transfers in Adium, unfortunately. :( Have you tried iChat AV?

But also, isn't IM file transfer awful slow for your purpose? Have you considered using a web-based file storage site and sharing an account with your friend, or hosting the files on a webserver? It would seem much better.... If you're using a desktop, even enabling it as an FTP server....

3. Dark macrumors regular

Im his friend and I too have switched over to Adium. I think the problem is that we dont have certain ports open that need to be open, because we both have our firewalls enabled.

4. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/FileTransfer