Adium problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamescwarren, Oct 24, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2005
    Isle of Man
    I have just got a new MacBook, and have installed Adium on it. Everytime, after a few minutes or just at the click of a button, it "Unexpectidly Quits" without fail. This happens on my Dad's MacBook as well. Anyone know why it does this to me? I have tried installing Growl or whatever it is called, but that has not helped. Help!
  2. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Does the program quit completely? ...or does it sign off? I'm wondering if your internet link is dropping causing your buddy window to close.
  3. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Sep 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Why would growl prevent something from crashing? Anyway, PM me with the email address or IM screen name you used when submitting crashlogs and I can look it up in our crash database.
  4. n8236 macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2006
    AOL recently changed some codes for their login server and a lot of people are being affected by that by using any chat client that uses the older code. Apparently, not everyone is affected, but a huge number is.

There are a lot of resources regarding the constant disconnection issue on Adium's support forums and such.