ADIUM problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by d wade, Apr 2, 2007.

1. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i have had 3 groups of friends on adium (friends, fsu friends, family)

recently i have added a 4th group with a couple people in it, but every time i open adium the 4th grouping is gone. i dont get it. why is it deleting my 4th group type but keeps the other 3? i am realllllly getting frustrated. someone please help!

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Hmmm....do you have View Offline Contacts unchecked in the View menu?

Adium will not display the group heading if all members in the group are offline and you have View Offline Contacts unchecked.

3. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

At the risk of suggestion the probably very obvious and not helpful, are the users in the 4th group on from a different service from the rest (i.e. all the others are from AIM and these are from YM or MSN) and you're not signed in to the other service? You have to sign in to each of them every time you sign on, unless you have them all set to connect upon launch.

4. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

that was it. thanks! i just now found the 'show offline group' option. i feel dumb. thanks

5. Asian God macrumors newbie

user name/contacts issue

i recently downloaded adium on mom's comp which is registered to her in her name although i use it. i completed the download and set up signing in under -my- email but when i did, the user name at the top was that of my mom. i could see none of my contacts. i logged off. logged into regular msn and my user name -still- said that of my mom although my contacts were there. i changed the user name there and it seems changed to others who log in and see it. why will adium not work under my name on someone else's comp? did i do something wrong in set-up?