Adium Weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, Jul 16, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    okay so i decided to try adium... and when i had an msn contact i had it so it would be added to the "individuals" area, but every time i re-login it goes back to the buddies area, why? and when i go to get rid of the individuals tab... it says there is 1 person there, and yet there isn't... :confused:
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    I keep getting an MSN error saying it isn't available yet it always logs on. Adium is starting to annoy me a lot.
  3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    ahh i see, and also, no where in the adium preferences can i choose the option to allow specific users in aim, or allow all, or just allow the ones in my buddy list to contact me... at least in ichat i can... hrm.. perhaps when adium hits 1.0 ill give it another shot... its nice though, infinite customizatiion.. skins wise and what not...
  4. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    got a question for all those adium users out there...

can adium display custom msn screen names? for example say you have a buddy on your msn buddy list who's sn is however when they logon via msn they have uberleetor something as the display name...

does adium show the uberleet or the when they logon?
  5. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2005
    You choose which you'd prefer. Just go to:

View => Contact Name Format => and choose which you're prefer. :)
  6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    FWIW, with the classification in groups issue, I have always had the same issue with Adium. My contacts organized-by-groups list is such a mess that I wish I could just
  7. mileslong macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    here is my problem with adium, i like it except for this thing and it bugs the hell out of me.

i like to keep invisible so i can pick and choose who i want to chat with. i keep it on invisible but whenever i log in it notifies people that i have logged on even though it shows me invisible. that defeats the whole purpose. is there anyway to have it quit notifying people that i have logged on?