Adium Weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, Jul 16, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

okay so i decided to try adium... and when i had an msn contact i had it so it would be added to the "individuals" area, but every time i re-login it goes back to the buddies area, why? and when i go to get rid of the individuals tab... it says there is 1 person there, and yet there isn't... :confused:

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I keep getting an MSN error saying it isn't available yet it always logs on. Adium is starting to annoy me a lot.

3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

ahh i see, and also, no where in the adium preferences can i choose the option to allow specific users in aim, or allow all, or just allow the ones in my buddy list to contact me... at least in ichat i can... hrm.. perhaps when adium hits 1.0 ill give it another shot... its nice though, infinite customizatiion.. skins wise and what not...

4. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

got a question for all those adium users out there...

can adium display custom msn screen names? for example say you have a buddy on your msn buddy list who's sn is thisisanexample@hotmail.com however when they logon via msn they have uberleetor something as the display name...

does adium show the uberleet or the thisisanexample@hotmail.com when they logon?

5. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

You choose which you'd prefer. Just go to:

View => Contact Name Format => and choose which you're prefer. :)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FWIW, with the classification in groups issue, I have always had the same issue with Adium. My contacts organized-by-groups list is such a mess that I wish I could just

7. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

here is my problem with adium, i like it except for this thing and it bugs the hell out of me.

i like to keep invisible so i can pick and choose who i want to chat with. i keep it on invisible but whenever i log in it notifies people that i have logged on even though it shows me invisible. that defeats the whole purpose. is there anyway to have it quit notifying people that i have logged on?

thanks!