AdiumX - anyone else had this happen?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by efoto, Feb 15, 2005.

1. efoto macrumors 68030

I get AdiumX installed and all seems fine, connect to an AIM account and it syncs (I guess) with AOL and gets my buddy list and imports the groups and such.

Problem is when I try to drag a contact from one group to another I keep getting this message:
    Unable to add - Could not add buddy ******* for an unknown reason. The most common reason for this is that you have the maximum number of allowed buddies in your buddy list."

I checked the number of buddies in the list....not all that many really. I have been trying to cut some out but I get a similar error message telling me I cannot delete the contact, or add a new contact either. Is this AOL server-side and if so how do I change or get around it?

2. therevolution macrumors 6502

I've never seen that happen. Try searching the Adium forums and post there if you don't find anything.

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I keep getting that same problem, if anyone finds a solution, I would love to know.

4. efoto thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm glad someone else is having the same issue. I was starting to think I had done something horribly wrong!

Anyone have this problem and solve it or just multiple experiences of having it?

5. greenleaf macrumors member

6. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

that prblem just started for me on Sunday. All day my AIM buddies were not logged in until I realized I wasn't logged in.

7. efoto thread starter macrumors 68030

A few threads in the AdiumX forums seem to state that although there is an error message, the buddies are still added/moved despite the message saying they are not.

In a quick test that I ran I did not experience a successful addition or motion of a given buddy....so I am not sure if this is something seperate from what those threads mentioned or if this is simply a new strain of the same original virus.
    I just want to be able to sort my buddies!!!

8. efoto thread starter macrumors 68030

I thought I should update this solely because I started it.

I was sorting contacts as I have been attempting to switch over to a new sn and so I was going through, grouping and deleting. I do not know if there is a specific limit to the quantity of buddies or not however as I was in the course of deleting all of the sudden I was no longer getting the error when I went back to grouping.

Anyway, it seems to work fine for me now....hope you all can get it to work as well.