Admit it...

Discussion in 'Community' started by urban1985_, Jan 14, 2005.

1. urban1985_ macrumors regular

Who here likes The OC?

And if you hate it, have you actually seen more than one episode?

I find it actually quite smart. It's like how Scream satirized the slasher genre. The OC actually pokes fun at itself, and doesn't take itself seriously. I thought it would be another stupid Beverly Hills 90210, but it actually has smart writing.

2. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    the oc is fun to watch wouldnt take it to seriously, but its freaking comedy man, i know they say its drama, but really now i find its comedy :D the crazy stuff that happens there to the core set of people sometimes its too much and cracks me up

4. urban1985_ thread starter macrumors regular

I've always looked at it more as a comedy than a drama. Anything involving rich teenagers is always funny.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I hate it.

Unfortunately, yes.

It is such a horrible show. Horrible acting. Horrible plots. Horrible dialogue. Horrible feel to the show.

scem0

6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I watched an episode once to see what it was like. It's a bit too Gen Y-ish for me, but I could see the appeal if I were in my teens.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, now that you told us that, I may give it a look. I was also under the impression that it was just another dumb teen show.

8. Benj macrumors regular

Depressingly long out of my teens but really like this show. Great Sunday morning hangover fodder. Poster above is dead right - doesn't take itslef too seriously.

Normally really feel-good as well. (Although the last episode shown in the UK was depressing...)

Excellent soundtracks - check out on iTMS.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Ha!
    I haven't really watched TV in years, but occasionally I'll flip around to see what is being made. It all usually freaks me out...

During one such sojourn into TVLand, I ran across the OC when it was first came out in the summer of '03(?). I admit I was hooked...it was so over the top and I just loved the one girl (mischa something). I watched it religiously in a state of fascination till the end of the summer. When it came back in the fall, I didn't like it anymore, although I don't know if it was me that had changed or the quality of the show.

Now that it has been on several seasons, I shudder to think of the plot-lines, as they have probably been upping the ante to keep viewers interested...

10. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

occasionally I'll catch it, watching it with the same fascination as watching a car wreck. almost at every plot twist I think to myself wtf? is it just me or does the plot move really fast?

11. 3Memos macrumors 6502

Do OC parents actually look like foxy ladies in the real OC? The show would be so much better if the moms were like really big and hairy, but with the same libido. That being said, I have never seen a complete episode, but from what I've seen of it, its not my cup of tea.

12. urban1985_ thread starter macrumors regular

Not all of the actors are bad! I hate Mischa Barton (Marissa). But I love Adam Brody (Seth). I'm 6 months away from turning 20, so I guess this still has a lot of appeal for me haha. I just like the ongoing pop culture references. I have a friend who's 24 and loves the show lol.

It's a shame you don't see it the way I do scem0.

And YES!! I love the soundtrack. My fave so far: Finley Quaye - Dice. It's mostly punk and rock bands, I'm not a big fan of those, but the songs are likeable.

13. urban1985_ thread starter macrumors regular

It's actually only in its second season.