Adobe Acrobat Reader & C2D Intel Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TechnoPagan, Dec 11, 2006.

1. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

Has anyone been able to successfully download & install Adobe Reader for the C2D Macbooks? I have a BlackBook--stock configurations--but just cannot see to get Acrobat to install. I can download the dmg, it runs through the install process, but then it quits. I've tried version 7.0.8 and 8.0, but neither seem to work.

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Any specific reason why you want the official reader? It's very slow on any computer. Preview is so much better and is already installed. You can find it in Applications -> Preview. Alternatively, right-click on a PDF file and choose Open With -> Preview, if it does not open in Preview by default.

3. TechnoPagan thread starter macrumors regular

A couple of forms are turning sideways (portrait instead of landscape), which is making the text kooky.

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You can rotate them in preview. Command+L rotates left, Command+R rotates right. After you rotate them, you can save them (something you cant do in Acrobat Reader) and they'll always open that way.

5. TechnoPagan thread starter macrumors regular

It's a fill-in form, so while I can rotate the form, the fill-in spots stay at a 90* angle. So if text is left to right, the fill in goes top to bottom. And visa versa.

6. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Really? Weird can I have a copy of this or is it some hush-hush document?

7. TechnoPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Not hush-hush: it's an RPO for my district. I can't upload it because it 500+ kb and there's a size limit here. But if you want to email me at danielle @ esuhsd.org, I'll attach it for you.