Adobe BrowserLab

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by angelwatt, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Came across a MacWorld article that talked about a new product from Adobe called BrowserLab. It lets you render a web page in the various browsers and see how they look. So you can see a page in Safari and have it right next to how it looks in IE. This also works on Mac as well as Windows. I haven't tried it yet as the page requires Flash 10 and I wasn't up for doing that. Let us know if you check this out and give some feedback.

2. macrumors 6502a

Interesting find! I am actually surprised that I didn't know about this. They are currently not accepting new beta testers but I will check with the people I work with at Adobe to find out when this will move to public beta.

Sadly, it looks to be entirely static, which is only so useful, but it would be a helpful service...

3. macrumors 65816

design-is

It's only hitting the 'buz' today. Very good browser testing platform - Have been using it today!

4. thread starter Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

What do you think of it so far? Is it really just like BrowserShots (in that it's static)?

5. macrumors 65816

design-is

Yup, still static, but it only takes a couple of seconds to load the image and you can compare 2 browsers at a time side by side or as onion skinned image.

It only shows IE 6 & 7, Firefox 2 & 3 mac and windows, and safari 3 mac. However it is currently free as they are testing (subscription due to take effect upon proper release).

I can see this developing into a really good platform if they give it the resources it needs.

You only need an Adobe ID (which you can get from signing up - can post link if needed) to try it.