Adobe buys Interakt!!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Bakey, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Bakey macrumors 6502

Oct 6, 2003
    O Donny Boy

Couldn't believe my eyes when I first read it!!

But it's true; Adobe has purchased Interakt... :eek:

Worst thing is that AJAX Toolbox is discontinued as of now; they [Interakt] must have known about the impending buy out and yet morally and ethically turned a blind-eye to their customers.

I for one am not happy!! I've been a fairly regular user of Interakt products and fear the worst now it's in Adobe's hands...

It seems everything I "love" winds up over at Adobe!!! E.g., Director, Fireworks... :rolleyes:

Let's wait and see what happens now then...
  2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    Why does it matter that Adobe Bought it? They make wonderful products and it is good to see them adding more to their family, even though I have no idea what Interakt is.
  3. ChoMomma macrumors 6502

maybe all the Interakt stuff will be added into Dreamweaver as standard :D
  4. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

Oct 19, 2004
    Calgary, AB

it just comes down to one company (eg Microsoft) having a monopoly in a field. Now I admit, I have no idea what Interakt is either. But I also don't like the idea of one company controlling all the programs I need to do my job. I mean it becomes very easy a few years from now for Adobe to give the W3C the middle finger and say "dreamweaver now only codes for 'this technology" or "we no longer offer support for PHP/MySQL, you must now use"

Granted I'm just pulling scenarios out of thin air here, but I'm still concerned about the implications of Adobe's ownership of dreamweaver & flash.
  5. baleensavage macrumors 6502a

Aug 2, 2005
    On an island in Maine
    (starts in with Darth Vader theme song)

Adobe is the Microsoft of the graphics world. Expect more buyouts as they seek to keep this dominant position.
  6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    I'm totally with you, except I know what Interakt is.
  7. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    and except their software is high quality/doesn't suck.