Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
There's actually been one person on here who's guessed what it is. You've come pretty close with the turkey leg, but...nope...

...it's the secret wall chicken sprite from the old 8-bit Castlevania games.

Thanks for revealing the secret of the "secret wall chicken sprite" I feel at peace with the universe again. :)

bigandtasty

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
IMHO Bob Mansfield is taking Kevin Lynch under his wing and once Bob retires 2 years from now, Kevin Lynch will then assume Bob Mansfield's responsibilities.

Just my .02

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Maybe coming in to save Final Cut Pro X from it's prosumer death and return it to a pro tool again?

Sorry, just wishful thinking on your part. All of Apples "Pro" software is "Prosumer" and will continue to be because there's more money in it. The question is whether Prosumer is good enough for Pro's. I think it can be and will be. ;)

Renzatic

Suspended
Thanks for revealing the secret of the "secret wall chicken sprite" I feel at peace with the universe again. :)

Your life is now complete.
arms.gif

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
What are you waiting for Timmy? Just go ahead and buy Adobe already! It's your best insurance against Microsoft keeping Office from you. Heck you'd be in a better position with iWork and Creative Suite than Microsoft with Office and Expression Design or whatever they are pushing these days for design professionals.

Adobe and Apple make a perfect fit and need each other. Apple needs to get back into the professional market and Adobe needs less bloated and less pricy software.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
IMHO Bob Mansfield is taking Kevin Lynch under his wing and once Bob retires 2 years from now, Kevin Lynch will then assume Bob Mansfield's responsibilities.

Just my .02

I 100% agree. It's sort of what I was alluding to in my post above. Mansfield announced his plans to retire Fall of 2012 so he'll be leaving in about 1.5 years.

Hunabku

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2006
Turtle Island
Maybe coming in to save Final Cut Pro X from it's prosumer death and return it to a pro tool again?

The features necessary for final cut to be a pro tool again have already started to show up in earnest over the last two updates. Randy Ubillos, also a former Macromedia employee, is all over it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Wow! This news really bloats me away. Ha!

----------

Just my .02

You mean once Bob retires again. :D

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009

Or, perhaps Apple finally realized that iOS needs Flash Player?

----------

The features necessary for final cut to be a pro tool again have already started to show up in earnest over the last two updates. Randy Ubillos, also a former Macromedia employee, is all over it.

And the last necessary feature will probably show up just when the last FCP users leaves :p

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Well, Scot Forestall wasn't doing nothing at Apple, and Ive can not do all the software stuff. They sure need some help on the software engineering side.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
I don't think that this is what most of you think it is.

If he is working for Bob, he'll be exploring technology way out front of the software and hardware guys building product, 5-10 years and beyond. While this may have impact on current products, mostly it will be pathfinding for the organization.

If he is Bob's ultimate replacement, he'll still be doing the same thing.

you people smh

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
Maybe we can now get our own creative suite instead of Adobes which is filled with products most of us don't want.

Exactly. I hope they make basically the same thing, slap an apple logo on it, charge a bit more and then BAM! those are all products we magically DO want.

It's magic. It just works.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Well crap. There goes the neighborhood.

That was my first thought as well. We use CS6 at the school where I teach, and it's a mess on our Macs. It crashes frequently (no matter if it's Photoshop or Flash) and outside of a new color scheme hasn't changed much since it was introduced. Sometimes I think Adobe spends more time developing its splash screens than the actual applications.

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
That was my first thought as well. We use CS6 at the school where I teach, and it's a mess on our Macs. It crashes frequently (no matter if it's Photoshop or Flash) and outside of a new color scheme hasn't changed much since it was introduced. Sometimes I think Adobe spends more time developing its splash screens than the actual applications.

It's important to make a good first impression. They took that concept to heart and forgot the rest.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Maybe the will make Aperture 4, instead of the abandonware that it is now...

Honestly, Aperture 3 for me works fantastic. Sure, it is missing some of the basic things that Lightroom has like distortion correction, but I use plugins for the missing things anyways. With that said, I'd still love to see what Aperture 4 has to offer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.