Adobe Creative Suite 2~!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caramel, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Caramel macrumors newbie

Has anyone gotten the New Adobe Creative Suite 2? I'm wondering what differences there are between the two. I went to the Adobe site and it had a few of the 'reasons to buy'.

Screenshots? or no? :p

Still just curious! :D

2. andrewfee macrumors 6502

I haven't checked today to see if the whole Creative Suite is there, (it wasn't yesterday) but there's a Photoshop CS2 Trial on Adobe's FTP server.

Trial

One thing I should mention though: It's changed my Photoshop Elements 3 registration info to "Photoshop Tryout." It doesn't seem to have affected it in any way, and doesn't bother me because I'll be doing a clean install of Tiger anyway. (should be arriving today)

Edit: Looks like it's still just Photoshop CS2.

One thing I love is that they finally sorted out the cursor colours. :D If you're using "precise" tools on many different backgrounds, it's very easy to loose them on some colours.

Make a new document and fill it with #666666. The cursor isn't invisible, but if you close your eyes and move the mouse around for a few seconds, it'll take you a long time to find it in other versions. In CS2 it does a great job of keeping it visible.

3. Caramel thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i noticed that they only have Photoshop out right now. that cursor thing sounds great, i hated it when i was working on a photo and then i would get up and i would loose it!

4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I bought Adobe CS2 Standard on 4/28/2005 (the first batch Apple Store at Northern NJ got that day). It was less than $900 (I think that is cheaper than the first CS). I installed it on my main computer (15") and the secondary (12"), running 10.3.9. No problem with installation (Initially, I was concerned about the potential technical glitch with Adobe's activation step (calling Dark Lord of Sith to active the program). I am new to Adobe's professional line of programs (I used to use MS Publisher for graphic layout) and I would play with this program to learn what this publishing world's standard software can do.

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Is Adobe CS2 compatible with Tiger

Does CS2 work with Tiger? Adobe's system requirement recommends OS X 10.3.8. It does not mention Tiger.

6. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Yes CS2 and Tiger cooperate

CS2 will work in Tiger. I went to the Adobe forums before I was installed CS2 today as I was installing all of my other programs [cuz I just got a PM]. The install went fine. I havent played around in them yet, all I did was just open PS and thats it.

But if Adobe apps are your lively-hood I wouldnt have moved into Tiger just yet with my adobe apps just in case there might be some lil bugs here and there. Wait a month or so, but if you are already in Tiger than I guess its a lil too late. If you have any problems go into the Adobe Forums cuz if you have a problem I am sure someone else already have experienced it before you and there will be an answer posted for you.