Adobe CS 1.x with OSX upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pembunah, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Pembunah macrumors newbie

I am currently running Adobe CS 1.x on my Apple G5 with OSX 10.2.8. I would like to upgrade my OSX version. I am not sure if I have CS 1.0 or 1.3. Could you please answer this question for both possibilities?

Q: What is the highest OSX version that I could upgrade to without rendering my version of the Adobe software incompatible?

Please include any incremental versions such as 10.3.xx in your answer if applicable.

Thank you very much for your help.

2. arcangyl macrumors newbie

We have been running CS 1.0 and 1.3 without any problems on 10.3.9 for over a year. I personally have been running it without issue on 10.4.7 since Apple's last software update.

I would be more concerned with hardware compatibility You are fine with the G5 for CS 1 or 2. Neither CS 1 nor CS 2 currently work optimally on the Intel Macs according to most reports. They do run, but some users have reported encountering odd behavior with some of the applications. CS 3 will be the UB version for the Intel Mac compatibility. Adobe still officially states that will release first quarter of 2007. There have been rumors that they may be able to release it earlier by the last quarter of 2006.

I hope this helps.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

OS 10.4.7 with Adobe CS runs perfectly on my home machine. Dual 1.4 G4...

The work machines with CS are running 10.3.4 with no problems either.

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Random note- upgrading your OS with Photoshop CS already installed will cause a glitch in Photoshop where dragging files to the P-shop icon in the dock will not launch them. There is a quick fix that I don't have my hands on at the moment. I just remember it being a bit frustrating when I upgraded. Thought I'd flag it for you.

5. Pembunah thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. It's great to hear I don't have to stick with my old version of OSX. Thanks to you my copy of Tiger is now in the mail :)

I guess that issue with dragging to the dock would be fixed by deleting the icon from the dock and re-copying it from the install location.