Adobe CS?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Albone, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Albone macrumors regular

Jul 22, 2003
    Can someone breakdown the difference for me in laymen's terms, the difference between Photoshop 7, Photoshop Elements 2, and Photoshop CS? Adobe's website stinks for trying to make this distinction.
  2. Hodapp macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2003
    New York, NY
    You can't counterfit money in Adobe CS! (Seriously, it won't let you.)

For those of you who have CS, try opening this image:

You get this!

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Photoshop CS is the current "pro" version of Photoshop. Photoshop 7 is the previous version. Photoshop Elements is the "home" version of Photoshop CS--it has almost all the CS functionality, but can't do CMYK separations (if you don't know what that is, you probably don't need it--get Photoshop Elements).
  4. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
    Chicago (by way of SF)
    Simply put: Photoshop CS is the newest version of Photoshop. Elements is the "lite" version of Photoshop.

If you own no version of Photoshop at all, then buy Elements because it will probably do everything you need and only costs $99. If I'm not mistaken, certain scanners come with Elements for free (not a bad deal). I accidently installed Elements when I bought my Epson 3200 scanner. All this did was take up hard drive space becuase I already had Photoshop.

If you have an older version of Photoshop then buy the Photoshop CS upgrade. It'll cost a little more but this will allow you to continue to buy upgrades.

By the way, you can call Adobe sales direct. I have always found them to be very informative and easy to contact (unlike other companies out there).

EDIT: wordmunger got there before me!!