adobe CS2 install -- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gamedog, Oct 20, 2006.

1. gamedog macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2006
    *i posted this at another site and have not heard anything yet, so i am hoping someone here can HELP!*

hey all!
    i am new here and i am REALLY hoping someone can help! it should be a simple solution, but let me preclude the actual question with this info. i am ABC (american born chinese). my mandarin chinese speaking ability has turned into "chinglish" at best. now onto the mission ...

my uncle bought my younger cousin the adobe creative suite 2 (i don't know if it's the "newest" version). he wanted to put it on her mac before she gets home as her birthday present (i don't know why because he never touches a keyboard!). his mandarin is excellent, his english is .... ummmm ... not so much. it took me 45 minutes to try and tell him where the serial number was and almost two hours for installing, changing cds, registering, etc (i think he got this right?!?!?). as far as i can tell there is another disk (or two ... ?) -- "CS2 PREM CONTENT". i am not sure as his english reading ability is not great (but i give him an "A" for effort!). i think i have walked him through installing everything except CS2 PREM CONTENT (is there another one called CS2 STD CONTENT?). how do i get this installed or how is it used? from what he is telling me, there is no installer on this disk (i think).

i love my family very much, but i have just about run out of minutes on my cell and do not have much patience left!

how/what else does he need to do with these CS2 PREM CONTENT and/or CS2 STD CONTENT disks?!?!?!?

somebody help me before i start drinking too early!

thanks in advance for the help!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    Yeah, there are 2 other CDs for optional fonts, stuff like that.
  3. gamedog thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2006
    so ...?

what should i tell him to do with them? do fonts just need to be installed?

he said he found a folder called goodies? is that RIGHT?!?!? what's in there and what should i tell him to do with those?

sorry for all the questions, but i need to FINISH helping him with this and go one with my friday!

thanks lilstewart!

will:) :) :) :)