Adobe CS3 - Best Way To Buy (in UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Monty Pavement, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Monty Pavement macrumors regular

Feb 8, 2006
    I'm a bit shocked at the price disparity between the US and UK prices, so have a couple of questions to work out the best way to upgrade.

I currently have Photoshop CS2 (full version) and an Academic version of Macromedia Studio 8. I'm no longer eligible for academic versions, so was wondering if there's anyway to upgrade using that, rather than Photoshop, as the Studio upgrade is cheaper.

Failing that (and I'm not optimistic), is there a US supplier who would ship to the UK? Even including customs and VAT, wouldn't this work out cheaper than buying in the UK?

Any advice?
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Academic versions are not normally eligible for any sort of upgrades at all.
  3. Jamesratnarajah macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2007
    Hi Monty,

If i remember rightly you cannot buy in the US and use over here. There is something in the licensing that states that US license doesn't carry over to the EU, but I'm not entirley sure!

I too am bawking at the price, however determining if it is a need or a want for me at the moment. Soon as it becomes a need I will save up and pay the price they're asking for in the UK. At the end of the day you get what you pay for!