Adobe CS3 Question

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by samo1215, Mar 5, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I was just wondering if anyone here was having any luck using CS3 in WinXP Pro (32 bit version) via bootcamp? Also, is anyone using a wacom tablet in windows with any luck? I would test it myself but I haven't purchased my machine yet and this is one of the determining factors in my buying decision.

2. macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

There's absolutely no reason why either of these things wouldn't work. You have to understand, all Boot Camp does on the Mac is partition your drive and burn you a CD of drivers for your hardware (the keyboard, wireless card, graphics, etc). Once you've done that, you're in exactly the same situation as if you had a PC laptop. CS3 will work and behave exactly as it would on a PC of similar spec, as will a Wacom tablet (provided you install the appropriate drivers). Hope this helps :)

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reassurance J@ffa. That is pretty much what I assumed, I just wanted to see if I could find some confirmation from some actual users.

4. macrumors 65816

Actually, if you have Leopard (which is the only way to run bootcamp now, isn't it?) then you don't even have to burn a disc with the drivers. Apple took care of that and they have them on the Leopard disc.

Also, the Wacom tablets work just fine in Windows. I tried it out last week when I got mine. All you have to do is install the drivers that come with the Wacom tablet. Good luck!