Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slumberland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Hello

Can you inform me if Adobe CS3 Web Premium and Lion are compatible?

Many thanks,
CB

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
CS3 isn't reported by Adobe to be compatible with 10.6. Given that 10.7 isn't released, no software vendors are even confirming any sort of compatibility even with their current products.

webman2k

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2004
CS3 isn't reported by Adobe to be compatible with 10.6. Given that 10.7 isn't released, no software vendors are even confirming any sort of compatibility even with their current products.

I can confirm that there are no issues with CS3 under 10.6.x, so here's hoping. I have no desire (or money) to upgrade.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've had some minor issues with CS3 and SL, so the odds are rather high that 10.7 may have even more issues with CS3.

shawnmknox

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
CS3 issues

I too have had some issues on CS3. Actually, a major one last week that still has not been resolved (licensing stopped working error) so I would proceed with caution unless you are prepared to upgrade to CS5. Adobe support told me in no uncertain terms that they would not give me phone support on my issue and that their support on CS3 is limited to their online database. The online database did not help me with my problem (neither did advice from other forums) so I have no choice but to upgrade even though I was not ready to do that yet. After telling the Adobe rep that I had downloaded the trial of PS5.1 to try and I also couldn't install it b/c of the CS3 problem I was told straight up to purchase PS5.1 and then they'll help me. Great customer service but what do you expect from outsourced support that could care less about you as an individual but that's a topic for a different forum. Just thought I would share this experience.

bobnoir

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
I've installed and registered CS3 Photoshop and Acrobat on OS 10.7 and, so far, I've found no problems running either app. I haven't tried all the features of Photoshop, but I've been able to modify and save a .jpg image without any error messages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.