Adobe Dev On Photoshop and the Intel Switch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stridey, Mar 23, 2006.

1. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

link
    This is seriously worth checking out. It explains a lot, and having this sort of frank communication is a Good Thing™.

2. p0intblank macrumors 68030

This is related, so I might as well ask it here...

Is Photoshop Elements 4 a Universal Binary or Intel only? My friend was telling me that it does not support the PowerPC architecture and only Intel. I find this to be quite odd... is this true?

3. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Your friend does not know what he is talking about or you have misunderstood him. It is PPC only.

4. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Wait, I'm sorry. I meant to say CS3... and I know for a fact that CS3 will be Intel-based... but will it also be PPC? I can't see Adobe just shutting out that many users.

Edit: Nevermind, it will be universal. They just mentioned it in the Photoshop World keynote. I kind of thought my friend was misinformed from the start... Adobe would never screw themselves by doing something like that.

5. adese macrumors member

adese

a full universal package will be released by adobe but they are waiting until their normally schedualled bianual release program, or is it anual releases?

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They wouldn't do anything silly like be Intel-only, if they can even do it at all by CS3. It's sad that they need Apple to do their dirty work. They're certainly not going to give away anything.